Saturday, September 27, 2008

inspired by Foggy

I get this feeling, right before a big trip, this weird sense like a space inside of me has shifted states without my permission. It isn't that a part of me is already navigating the waters far away in the place that I'm traveling to, not quite--it's more like something inside me that is normally bouncing off the walls just gets really quiet, like radio static not quite tuned to the right frequency.

(hey, I think I just got a whole extra understanding of that THS song "Stuck Between Stations")

I'm also doing that thing where I push the clock back farther and farther every night until my body settles on its (apparently) innate preference: to bed at 4am, to rise at 1pm. When I get up, breakfast food feels ridiculous. Today I woke up and ate a peanut butter and cucumber sandwich for "lunch".

I haven't been doing much at home. I run, I watch tv on hulu, I read, I invent new ways to use the overabundant supply of tomatoes in the garden. I learned to crochet hats, but anyone who knows me will tell you that for all of my excellence in acquiring a skill and beginning a project, I'm not so hot on the follow through. There are about 6 different spools of yarn lying around my room with little round doily-looking hat-tops hanging off of them--but no hats--so sad.

Today I went with my mom to look at new cars for her, and then we visited my sister and ate mexican at one of those awesome tiny-and-dirt-cheap-pay-at-the-counter places where they serve your food in baskets lined with wax paper. I want more now.

In moving news, my temporary housemates seem awesome. They are going to be lucky to ever get rid of me after saying on gchat that their weekend plans were, "a nice cigar, scotch, and 'The Last Unicorn'" I almost fell off the bed.

No comments: